White House Security Shooting: Gunman Identified as 21-Year-Old Nasire Best, Claimed He Was Jesus
The attacker who opened fire at the Secret Service checkpoint outside the White House has been identified as Nasire Best.
Washington: According to the news of New York Post, the person who opened fire at the Secret Service checkpoint outside the White House was 21-year-old Nasire Best. On May 24, Indian time, the Secret Service spotted him on 17th Street Northwest. He was doing strange things. Suddenly he took out a gun and opened fire. A pedestrian was shot, his condition is critical.
What did the Secret Service do?
The soldiers immediately retaliated. Best was injured in the rapid firing. He was taken to the hospital, but doctors declared him dead. The Uniformed Division of the Secret Service killed him on the spot. A major accident was averted.
What was the reason for the attack?
The motive is not clear yet. But investigation revealed that Best was mentally ill. He had already been caught hovering near the gate of the White House. Last year he was arrested twice. Once when blocking the way for vehicles, second time when entering the foot control post of the White House.
Did he call himself Jesus?
When Washington DC police and the Secret Service caught him, he said he wanted to be arrested because he was a "modern-day Jesus Christ." The investigating agencies suspect that he attacked due to his mental condition.
Is there any political angle?
Investigation is still going on. Agencies are looking into whether there is any political motive behind the attack. But in the initial investigation it seems that the case is of mental instability.
Had the court order also been broken?
The court had already ordered that Best would not come near the White House. But he flouted the order. The 21-year-old boy kept coming near the White House despite repeated warnings.
What did the FBI say?
FBI Director Kash Patel wrote on X that the FBI is on the scene and assisting the Secret Service. Patel said, "We are investigating the matter. As information comes to light, we will keep updating the public." At present, an investigation is going on from where BEST got the weapon and how he broke the security cordon and reached so close. Security outside the White House has now been tightened.
FBI is on the scene and supporting Secret Service responding to shots fired near White House grounds - we will update the public as we’re able
— FBI Director Kash Patel (@FBIDirectorKash) May 23, 2026